Changes to urgent treatment centres

Urgent care is for anything that needs the same day treatment.

The way patients can get treatment for an urgent health problem is changing.

If you have a minor injuries or minor illness, you can get treatment at an urgent treatment centre by calling NHS 111.

Urgent treatment centres can treat most injuries and illnesses that are urgent. This may include sprains and strains, fractures and suspected broken bones, minor head injuries, cuts and wound infections.

To get treatment at an urgent treatment centre, first call NHS 111. They will assess your condition and book you an appointment to see a clinician and you can avoid spending unnecessary time in the waiting room. The treatment centres have been made as safe as possible for patients and staff, and social distancing measures are in place.

The urgent treatment centres are GP-led, with doctors and nurses who will provide your treatment.

The urgent treatment centres are located at:

  • King George Hospital
  • Queen’s Hospital
  • Barking Community Hospital
  • Harold Wood Polyclinic

Details of locations are on Barking & Dagenham NHS website.

You should only go to Accident and Emergency when your life or your long term health is at risk. This includes serious injury, blood loss, serious burns, chest pain, suspected strokes, choking or loss of consciousness.