Session 1: Learning about Genocide
We have curated and developed a number of resources that Teachers can use for the first module.
This module is titled: Learning about Genocide.
- Powerpoint presentation Session 1 powerpoint
- Video clip
- Set of 8 stages of genocide cards (one set required for each group of students) Card set of Stantons 8 steps towards genocide
- Pyramid of Hate (one per group) pyramid of hate
- Map of world with ABCD marked to indicate a country of genocide ktmapworld
- Set of posters for the 4 genocides with descriptions for each group bosnia Cambodia Darfur Rwanda
- Film clip of how the Nazis came to power https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdBMa_tZwAk
- Film clip of 2 victims of the Holocaust telling their stories
- Prayer of St Francis Prayer for justice against discrimination